In this article
An introduction to the Sam360 Agent, including system requirements, is available here.
To deploy the Sam360 Inventory and Metering agent to domain based Windows computers using Group Policy, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Inventory and Metering agent installation package from here.
- Copy the package to a shared folder on the network. The file should be readable by all authenticated domain users.
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. To do this, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, right-click your domain, and then click Properties.
- Click the Group Policy tab, select the policy that you want, and then click Edit.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Software Settings.
- Right-click Software installation, point to New, and then click Package.
- In the Open dialog box, type the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the Sam360 agent installer package. For example, \\file server\share\Sam360AcmeCo.msi. Important: Do not use the Browse button to access the location. Make sure that you use the UNC path of the shared installer package.
- Click Open.
- Click Assigned, and then click OK. The package is listed in the right-pane of the Group Policy window.
- Close the Group Policy snap-in, click OK, and then close the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
- When the client computer starts, the managed software package is automatically installed.
Leave A Comment